Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Arpeggiator and New Sample

One of the many things I learned from here was the arpeggiator tool. Basically, you take as many notes as you want, stack them and with this effect you can make it toggle through each note:


This effect is featured in my new sample: Untitled Twelfth Song (Sample)

I like the song. I will attempt to make it a full-fledged song later. Unfortunately, it is 6:00AM as I work on it; I spent a few hours playing around with the sounds. I've added more bass to the song than I normally do. I'm always worried I'm going to overpower the song with bass, but I turned it up and it sounds pretty good. I haven't thought of a cool name yet, but I'm sure I will the next day.

I haven't been doing much with Ableton recently because I've been researching new laptops. I'd eventually like to perform live, but I really shouldn't be jumping the gun for a new laptop. I know this goes against everything I've said about Apple, but I'm considering a Macbook Pro. Some of my friends own them and say they are a power house for programs like Adobe Creative Suite. Other people use Macbook Pro's as performance tools because they eliminate issues with low-latency. However, my brother says that Macbooks are completely overrated and supply hardware that isn't even up-to-date with the newest laptops.In addition, Macbook Pro's are dual-bootable and support Windows 7. Having Mac & Windows on one computer!? Sounds pretty awesome. I don't know, I've been using Windows XP for the last ten years and I don't understand why Microsoft strayed away from such a great interface. I think it might be time for a change-up?

As for music producing, I'm not sure if it's my desktop or if it's my lack of professional producing skills, but some of my songs end up with artifacts, or multiple crackling sounds, in the middle of the song (including my newest sample). At the moment, I'd rather focus on producing the music than polishing it, I can learn that once I've gotten a firm grasp on music creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment