Sunday, February 26, 2012

Updated 3D Logo

I spent my time today learning 3D design basics. Here is my basic 3D design:


The colors are decent, but the extrude, or the part that goes back and is a grey color, just doesn't pop enough for me. I want it to be more of a metallic silver color. Again, here is the logo I'm trying to simulate:


It's all shiny and "metallic'y" looking! I've got a ways to go to learn that kind of 3D shading, especially since 3D rendering is pretty slow.

My progress has also hit a speed bump because I'm still adjusting to the Macbook Pro. I am liking the photoshop work on this laptop so far though, 3D is something I couldn't do on any other PC I have. When I'm done with other work-related projects, I will make my first sample on my macbook! Until then, I'll be playing around with my logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment