Monday, January 30, 2012

Added to ElectroLite

This song isn't exactly turning out exactly how I wanted it to, but I suppose it's all part of the learning process.

ElectroLite - Extended

I separated the drum kit like I wanted, and added a bass line. I'm still not entirely convinced on the kick I'm using, perhaps I'll change it later. I'll probably scrap the effects towards the end out, it sounds a little sloppy while I'm typing this.

Not much for screenshots to post today, but I'll post the effects panel for my favorite line (starting around :27)


The "Channel Strip A" effect is what is giving the line a very "trance" feel, as I'm bending the High Cut and Low Cut to create an alternating sound. Here is what the entire song looks like (so far):


I'm not exactly impressed with the progress I've made today. It just doesn't sound... professional? That first line is gold, but the rest of the song isn't flowing like I'd hoped. That's what I get for thinking this was going to be a stroll in the park!

As the song grows increasingly complex, my processor is beginning to show its age. I'm hoping by the time I have several more lines, it won't bug out on me. If I ever do a live set, I'd need a laptop that can handle Ableton. Oh the disappointment for today. All I can do is keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment