Friday, January 27, 2012

ElectroLite




Firs song I've given a name to. I've created a hook I can finally enjoy. Unsure of the second line I've added, but at least I'm happy with the original line. I'm taking extra care of the line I've made, as I would like to turn it into an actual song; I may abandon this song to learn more stuff just to make it "listenable." Here is what the analog control looks like for the line:


(Click to Enlarge)

To the naked eye, this looks impressive. However, I used a simple effect of controlling the frequency at the beginning of every note to give every note "range." Rinse, and repeat.

Hardest part of the creation process is to constantly drive the song in a direction that nice to listen to. Mastering the audio levels is proving to be difficult, as well.

The hardest part, so far, is mixing in the drums. The beat is hard to create a consistent flow, and I'm having the hardest time making it sound, at the minimum, basic. It usually comes out clumsy and disorganized.

I ordered a 10-hour set of DVDs from Tom Cosm. His first two hours are online, and they've already helped me out tremendously.

Also, I played with Native Instruments Massive. That program is two things: ridiculous to understand, and doesn't run well on my computer. I'm hoping to change that, the program is powerful, but it's frustrating me so I'm going to stick with mastering Ableton first. We can't all be Skrillex overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment