Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And so, I've created a blog to document my journey of music making: Blogumentary. I'm already disappointed that "SuperLooper" is commonly taken as it is a fitting "stage name" since my last name is... Looper.

Anyways, Here is the first and second song I've "created:"

Matt Looper: First Song
My first song is bland, but I have just begun

Matt Looper: Second Song
My second attempt is better, showing more range of effects and adding the basics of drumming. I'm not a fan of trance music and that's exactly where this song is heading.

Matt looper: Second Song v2
This is another version of the song above. I cut the long transitions out and cut straight to the good stuff, but I added another line instead. I hate the line I've added, but that'll do for tonight's session of "Playing with Ableton."

I plan on sharing everything I create, whether it be good, bad or ugly. The whole point of this is to share the growth of my music journey. My goal is to have a full-fledged grasp of Ableton, and maybe even have an EP available by the end of the year.

I have two different sound clouds:

Matt Looper
This sound cloud, labeled "Matt Looper" will be where I upload the majority of my stuff, whether it be samples or simple beats/sounds I've created. This will be used to "blogument" what I've worked on every day. My goal is to create something every day, whether it's something useful or just a random soundbyte, just to keep me in track of music creation

SuperLooper
When I feel like a song is ready to share under my "stage name" I shall put it here. Not a whole lot will go here for a long time, but when I make something I want to share with people, I will put it here.

Thanks for playing, see you next time!

UPDATE (4/10/12)
I've actually scrapped the second soundcloud, and made my main one as "SuperLooper." I've built up so much steam on my sample soundcloud that I'm making it my main one, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment