Thursday, January 26, 2012

This blog is ugly... I'll have to change that later!

Anyways, I purchased an Akai APC40:


This device is mainly used for live performances, but if I want to make it I'll have to try it out. I mainly want to use the device to play with the effects so I don't have to keep using my mouse to test out how certain sounds work when mixed with a variety of different settings.

My next simple project is to make a live song to test out the equipment when it arrives! the 8x5 controls the live settings:


The highlighted section is the portion controlled by the 8x5 keys. You press a key, and it'll play the beat loaded into the box. My next job is to figure out why it only does one bar, or if that can be changed!

In addition, it looks like some of the big dogs also use a program called "Massive" for synthesizer work:


I too shall learn how this program works!

No comments:

Post a Comment