Monday, January 30, 2012

Native Instruments - Massive Sound Creation

I've finally gotten Native Instruments Massive to work in Ableton Live!

Fifth Song - Massive Sound Creation

Nothing complicated, but for a first run through I'd say it sounds cool. I added a kick just for fun. Here is what the sound board looks like:


The highlighted parts are all the adjustable settings I used to create the sound. Basically, you assign the oscillators a sound effect (in this case, I mixed 3) and then you adjust the settings until you get the sound you want. Then, you can run the sound through two filters (I used 1). After I did this, I also played with the Insert effects and used a "Delay." I finally used "Reverb" and "Flanger+" in the "FX1" and "FX2" section. I finished off by creating a heavy bass-like tone by controlling the sounds through the "EQ." This program looks complicated, but once you see how it works, it's not hard. I haven't gotten to the wave customization yet, but I'll save that for another day.

The program is very powerful, I plan on using it in the future to create my own custom sounds. This is among the few programs people like Skrillex use to create their own unique signature to electronic music. I probably won't play with this for a while, I'll be getting back to my song, "ElectroLite." I need to complete the song so that I can understand the entire process, from beginning to end. Then I can start to make other songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment